Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 24 - Indian Entrepreneurs

Today's post is short because the evening was spent at a going away party for my colleague Mark. And when he lands in the Midwest, I'm sure he's going to miss the how even the most mundane tasks are never boring in India. I must think "Wait, what really!?!" at least three time a day. They really like to keep things spicy around here.  

 Take this auto repair garage as an example. Why limit yourself to one line of business? While a customer waits for the mechanic to fix his vehicle, he can do yoga to help relieve tension, or perhaps shop for houseplants, or if they take too long and he dies waiting (literally) they have a cemetery onsite. I pass this place on my walk to work and I often wonder if  the owner realizes the irony of running a nursery and a cemetery a part of the same business. That's an Indian entrepreneur for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment